Multifamily HOME Program
The Multifamily HOME Direct Loan Program provides funding to Public Housing Authorities, nonprofits, and for-profit entities for the new construction or rehabilitation of affordable multifamily rental developments. Funding is provided in the form of low interest bearing, repayable loans. Multifamily developments carry long-term rent and income restrictions and may be layered with additional funding sources (such as Housing Tax Credits). For more information, visit the FAQs page.
Apply for Funds
Visit the Apply for Funds page for the Uniform Multifamily Application and supplemental program materials needed to complete your application. Visit the NOFAs and Rules page for the Uniform Multifamily Rules for scoring, threshold, and other requirements.
Current Application Cycle Information
- 2014 HOME Multifamily Development (MFD) Program - Application Log (XLS) (January 15, 2015)
Additional Guidance and Resources
Additional reference materials for applicants and awardees are included below. For information regarding public hearings and TDHCA Board meetings, please visit the Community Information page. For forums and recent announcements, please visit the Announcements & Forums page. For a list of upcoming events and trainings, please review the TDHCA Events Calendar.
- HOME Income and Rent Limits
- HOME 221(d)(3) Maximum Subsidy Limits by County (PDF)
- Participating Jurisdiction List (PDF)
Post Award Guidance
Visit the Compliance page for monitoring guidelines, Annual Owner's Compliance Report information, and the Income and Rent tool.
- Direct Loans (Subchapter E from the Uniform Multifamily Rules)(PDF)
- HOME Loan Closing Due Diligence (DOC)
Multifamily HOME Draw Processing Forms
- 2013 Multifamily Draw Workbook (XLS)
- Housing Contract System Access Form (DOC)
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form 74-176 (Texas Comptroller Web site)
- Application for Texas Identification Number Form AP-152 (Texas Comptroller Web site)
- Closing Reservation Form (DOC)
Multifamily HOME Draw Instructions
Multifamily HOME Webinar: Award to Final Draw (presented 10/25/13)
- Webinar video archive (1:14:43) (Windows Media Player required)
- Training Slides (provided in PDF format)
For Federal Requirements information and training concerning Environmental Clearance, Davis Bacon & Labor Standards, Section 3, the Uniform Relocation Act, please visit the Program Services Training page. For instructions on how to schedule a Final Construction Inspection, please visit the Construction Inspections and Accessibility page in the Compliance section.