Kristina Tirloni 512-475-4743
TDHCA Housing Resource Center
Public and Policy Affairs
P.O. Box 13941
Austin, Tx 78711
221 East 11th Street
Austin, Tx 78701
TDHCA Press Room
TDHCA directs federal funds to housing stabilization activities
In September, TDHCA awarded contracts to 27 eligible organizations, totaling $51.3 million in Housing Stability Services (HSS) grants that will be used for activities to help income-eligible Texans struggling because of the COVID-19 pandemic. TDHCA, partnering with non-profit and local government organizations such as Haven for Hope, local Goodwills, local Salvation Army Corps, and the Other Ones Foundation, will provide services and necessary resources to help get families back on their feet and in a stable housing situation.
TDHCA has also awarded the Texas Access to Justice Foundation with $20 million to provide legal services that support housing stability and eviction diversion efforts.
The HSS grants make up a portion of the $1.3 billion TDHCA received from the U.S. Treasury Department through the Consolidated Appropriations Act. HSS grants can be used for services such as the following:
- Hosting in-person and web-based clinics to help households access rental assistance programs
- Providing landlord incentives payments to improve and expand housing options for those facing barriers to housing
- Offering specialized services for individuals with disabilities or seniors that support their ability to access or maintain housing
- Help with job placement, including associated childcare while searching for a job
- Providing rental deposits, utility deposits, rental application fees, and short-term hotels or motels payments to assist household maintain or obtain stable housing
TDHCA’s Governing Board on November 10, 2021, will also consider awarding the Texas Homeless Network a grant award to support the administration of emergency housing vouchers on behalf of TDHCA. Information about the November meeting can be found at https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/board/meetings.htm. Information about the HHS Program can be found at https://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/HSS.htm.