Apply for Funds
The Division of Multifamily Finance administers Competitive (9%) Housing Tax Credits, Non-Competitive (4%) Housing Tax Credits, Multifamily Mortgage Revenue Bonds, and Multifamily Direct Loans to assist in the development, preservation, and financing of affordable multifamily properties.
Multifamily Uniform Application
One Uniform Multifamily Application is used to review and approve requests for funds (with the exception of Special Initiatives). An applicant requesting Housing Tax Credits, Multifamily Bonds issued by TDHCA, or Multifamily Direct Loans must complete Uniform Multifamily Application and any supplemental, program-specific forms listed by Program area below. Applicants are encouraged to review program-specific manuals and the Rules that govern the program under which they are applying as they complete the Application. Prior year application materials or documents can be found on the Archive page. Additional program-related guidance can be found on the individual Program and FAQ pages.
Application Submission Calendar
All applicants are required to set up an online account in order to submit an application. The Electronic Filing Agreement can be found under the Supporting Information section below, along with specific instructions on how to set up the account.
The Competitive 9% HTC program has a prescribed program calendar regarding application submission and other important program deadlines and can be found in the QAP.
The Non-competitive 4% HTC program allows for the submission of applications on a monthly basis throughout the calendar year. With the exception of successful Lottery applicants, a Certificate of Reservation from the Texas Bond Review Board of Private Activity Bond volume cap is required before an application can be submitted. Applicants are encouraged to review the QAP to better understand the submission requirements.
The Multifamily Bond program, where the Department is serving as the bond Issuer, requires submission of a pre-application based on submission dates throughout the calendar year.
- + 2023 Multifamily Bond Pre-Application Submission Timeline- reveals a new section below
Submission Dates Public Comment
December 8, 2022 January 3, 2023 January 12, 2023 January 5, 2023 January 31, 2023 February 9, 2023 February 2, 2023 February 28, 2023 March 9, 2023 March 9, 2023 April 4, 2023 April 13, 2023 April 6, 2023 May 2, 2023 May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023 June 6, 2023 June 15, 2023 June 1, 2023 June 27, 2023 July 6, 2023* June 22, 2023 July 18, 2023 July 27, 2023 August 3, 2023 August 29, 2023 September 7, 2023 September 7, 2023 October 3, 2023 October 12, 2023 October 5, 2023 October 31, 2023 November 9, 2023 November 2, 2023 November 28, 2023 December 7, 2023
The July 6, 2023 Board meeting is tentative
Applicants requesting Multifamily Direct Loan funds should review the applicable Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) on the QAP, NOFAs and Rules page regarding application submission dates.
Multifamily Property Inventory
A list of properties in the Department’s portfolio can be found in the Property Inventory tab of the Site Demographics Characteristics Report in the Supporting Information section below. The inventory list is updated annually in November in preparation for the Competitive 9% HTC allocation round. For a list of Non-competitive 4% applications that are approved monthly throughout the year, refer to the 4% HTC Bond Status Log on the Non-competitive 4% HTC page.
2023 Multifamily Uniform Application Forms
- Uniform Application 2023 (XLSX) version 2023.2 (Updated November 22, 2022)
- Uniform Application 2023 (XLSX) – release notes – 2023.2 (Updated November 22, 2022)
2022 Multifamily Direct Loan Application Materials
- 2022 Direct Loan CHDO Certification Packet (XLSX)
- 2022 Direct Loan CHDO Certification Checklist (XLSX)
- Direct Loan Unit Calculator Tool 2022 (XLSX)
2022 Multifamily Uniform Application Forms
- 9% HTC Award Limits and Estimated Regional Allocation (PDF) (March 25)
- DRAFT 2022 Initial Ceiling Summary (XLSX) (December 1, 2021)
- Concerted Revitalization Plan (“CRP”) Application Packet (DOCX)
- Uniform Application Certifications 2022 (PDF)
- Uniform Application Templates 2022 (DOCX)
- Uniform Application 2022 (XLSX) (January 25)
- Multifamily Application Procedures Manual (PDF) (January 5)
- Payment Receipt (XLSX)
- Request for Rural Designation (XLXS)
- Experience Certificate Request (XLSX)
2022 Pre-Application Materials
2022 Multifamily Uniform Application Supporting Information
- Multifamily Direct Loan Request for Preliminary Determination (PDF) (February 2)
- Application Webinar Videos
- 4% Housing Tax Credit and Tax Exempt Bond Process Manual 2022 (PDF)
- USDA Principal Balance Amortization Exhibit (XLSX)
- Scope and Cost Review Supplement (XLS)
- Scope and Cost Review Checklist (XLSX)
- Previous Participation Form (XLSX)
- Neighborhood Risk Factors Report (PDF)
- List of Declared Disaster Areas (PDF)
- Electronic Filing Agreement (XLSX)
- Electronic Document Upload User Guide (MF Serv-U FTP) (PDF)
- Site Demographic Characteristics Report 2022 as of November 10, 2021 Board Meeting (XLSX) (January 5)
- HTC Rent and Income Limits
Additional resources related to program guidance are listed on the individual program pages and the FAQs page.
Sign up for Multifamily Email Notifications
To receive email notifications relating to Multifamily program activities you can sign-up using the link below.