NOFAs and Rules
Current Open Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs)
Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (the "Department") announces the availability of up to $20,000,000 in funding from the Multifamily Development Program ("MFD") for the development of affordable multifamily rental housing for low-income Texans.
Multifamily Program Rules
All multifamily programs are governed by the Uniform Multifamily Rules. In addition to the Uniform Multifamily Rules, the Housing Tax Credit program is governed by the Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP). Access these documents below:
The Multifamily Bond program in which the Department is serving as the Issuer is governed by the Multifamily Housing Revenue Bond Rules, available below. Note that these rules do not apply to Applicants for 4% Housing Tax Credits using a local issuer.
For TDHCA Governing Statute visit the About TDHCA page.
Additional Rules (by Program)
Competitive (9%) & Non-Competitive (4%) Housing Tax Credits
Multifamily Revenue Bonds
- Chapter 1372 Bond Review Board Statute (Texas Statutes Web site)
Multifamily HOME Loans
- Proposed Property Standards for HOME Multifamily for Public Comment (PDF)
- Direct Loan Requirements (Section 10.307 from the Uniform Multifamily Rules)(PDF)
- HOME Rules (2013 and prior – Archived Texas Administrative Code) (Texas Administrative Code Search page on the Secretary of State Web site)
- HOME Final Rule (24 CFR Part 92) (eCFR Web site)