NOFAs and Rules
Current Open Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs)
2013-1 HOME Multifamily Development (MFD) Notice of Funding Availability
- Notice of Funding Availability (PDF)
- General Set-Aside: Amounts Available Under the Regional Allocation Formula (PDF)
- CHDO Set-Aside: Amounts Available Under the Regional Allocation Formula (PDF)
RFPs, RFQs, and alternate applications for Special Funding Initiatives will be listed on the Special Funding Initiatives page.
Multifamily Program Rules
All multifamily programs are governed by the Uniform Multifamily Rules. In addition to the Uniform Multifamily Rules, the Housing Tax Credit program is governed by the Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP). Access these documents below:
- 2013 Governor Approved Uniform Multifamily Rules (PDF)
- 2013 Governor Approved Qualified Allocation Plan (PDF)
The Multifamily Bond program in which the Department is serving as the Issuer is governed by the Multifamily Housing Revenue Bond Rules, available below. Note that these rules do not apply to Applicants for 4% Housing Tax Credits using a local issuer.
For TDHCA Governing Statute visit the About TDHCA page.
2014 Rules, Policies, and Guidance
- 2014 Draft Qualified Allocation Plan (10 TAC Chapter 11) (PDF) (released September 20, 2013)
- 2014 Draft Uniform Multifamily Rules (10 TAC Chapter 10 Subchapters A - C and G)(PDF) (released September 20, 2013)
- + Initial Staff Drafts (released August 19, 2013)
- Qualified Allocation Plan (10 TAC Chapter 11)(PDF)
- Uniform Multifamily Rules (10 TAC Chapter 10)
For current discussions and announcements pertaining to Rules and QAP guidance, please visit the Announcements & Forums page.
Additional Rules (by Program)
Competitive (9%) & Non-Competitive (4%) Housing Tax Credits
Multifamily Revenue Bonds
- Chapter 1372 Bond Review Board Statute (Texas Statutes Web site)
Multifamily HOME Loans
- Direct Loan Requirements (Section 10.307 from the Uniform Multifamily Rules)(PDF)
- HOME Rules (2012 and prior – Archived Texas Administrative Code) (Texas Administrative Code Search page on the Secretary of State Web site)
- HOME Final Rule (24 CFR Part 92) (HUD Web site)