NOFAs and Rules
Current Open Notices of Funding Availability (NOFAs)
The 2014 HOME NOFA has not yet been released. In lieu of this NOFA, guidance for 9% Housing Tax Credit applicants seeking to apply for HOME funds during the 2014 Competitive Housing Tax Credit Cycle is below:
RFPs, RFQs, and alternate applications for Special Funding Initiatives will be listed on the Special Funding Initiatives page.
Multifamily Program Rules
All multifamily programs are governed by the Uniform Multifamily Rules. In addition to the Uniform Multifamily Rules, the Housing Tax Credit program is governed by the Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP). Access these documents below:
- 2014 Governor Approved Qualified Allocation Plan (10 TAC Chapter 11) (PDF)
- 2014 Governor Approved Uniform Multifamily Rules (10 TAC Chapter 10 Subchapters A-E and G) (PDF)
The Multifamily Bond program in which the Department is serving as the Issuer is governed by the Multifamily Housing Revenue Bond Rules, available below. Note that these rules do not apply to Applicants for 4% Housing Tax Credits using a local issuer.
For TDHCA Governing Statute visit the About TDHCA page.
Additional Rules (by Program)
Competitive (9%) & Non-Competitive (4%) Housing Tax Credits
Multifamily Revenue Bonds
- Chapter 1372 Bond Review Board Statute (Texas Statutes Web site)
Multifamily HOME Loans
- Direct Loan Requirements (Section 10.307 from the Uniform Multifamily Rules)(PDF)
- HOME Rules (2013 and prior – Archived Texas Administrative Code) (Texas Administrative Code Search page on the Secretary of State Web site)
- HOME Final Rule (24 CFR Part 92) (eCFR Web site)