- If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please visit our Help for Texans page.
Amy Young Barrier Removal Program
The Amy Young Barrier Removal Program (AYBRP) provides one-time grants of up to $20,000 to Persons with Disabilities who need modifications to increase accessibility and eliminate hazardous conditions in their home. Program beneficiaries must include a Person with Disability, must have a household income that does not exceed 80% of the Area Median Family Income, and may be tenants or homeowners.
The Department funds the AYBRP through multiple nonprofit organizations and local governments who process intake applications, verify eligibility, and oversee construction. People with Disabilities looking for accessibility modifications must contact the Administrators directly to learn more about how to apply. For a list of administrators, review the Program Administrators Log (PDF)
2015 Amy Young Barrier Removal Program
- 2015 Notice of Funding Availability (PDF)
- Application to Access the Reservation System (DOC)
- Qualified Inspector Certification (PDF)
- Map of State Service Regions (PDF)
- List of 2015 Urban and Rural Places (XLS)
$1,626,477 of AYBRP Project Funding for Fiscal Year 2015 will be released on November 6, 2014.
For questions and information on how to become an AYBR Program Administrator, please email the Housing Trust Fund Division at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (512) 936-7800.