Help for Texans
Important Information about Emergency Rental Assistance funds
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) has been designated to receive approximately $1 billion in Emergency Rental Assistance funds from the newly passed Coronavirus Relief Bill. TDHCA is actively working to make these funds available as rapidly as possible. More information will be posted in the coming weeks. To be sure that you hear about announcements for these funds and how to apply please join our email list and subscribe to the Pandemic Related Rental Assistance for Tenants and Landlords topic.
Find Help in 3 Easy Steps
- TDHCA assistance and funds go to local provider organizations, NOT individuals directly.
- TDHCA does not accept applications from individuals.
- This page will take you through a process to provide you contact information for those providers for your area.
- Providers listed may be at capacity with their funds, and may not be able to assist all who call them.
- If no provider is available, check with your local city or county about available assistance resources.
- If you have a question about one of our programs or you have an inquiry regarding a TDHCA monitored property, please visit http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/overview.htm or contact us at email@example.com.
Select the type of help you need, enter your city or county, and get a list of organizations that may be able to help you.