Help for Texans
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has issued an eviction moratorium through December 31, 2020. If you are having difficulty paying rent because of COVID-19 you may be covered by this moratorium. To be covered by the eviction moratorium you must complete a self-declaration and provide it to your landlord. This is the sample CDC self-declaration: CDC Declaration Form (PDF)
For more information about the CDC eviction moratorium please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/covid-eviction-declaration.html
Find Help in 3 Easy Steps
- TDHCA assistance and funds go to local provider organizations, NOT individuals directly.
- TDHCA does not accept applications from individuals.
- This page will take you through a process to provide you contact information for those providers for your area.
- Providers listed may be at capacity with their funds, and may not be able to assist all who call them.
- If no provider is available, check with your local city or county about available assistance resources.
- If you have a question about one of our programs or you have an inquiry regarding a TDHCA monitored property, please visit http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/overview.htm or contact us at email@example.com.
Select the type of help you need, enter your city or county, and get a list of organizations that may be able to help you.