Compliance - Utility Allowance Information
- Notice 2009-44 (PDF - IRS Web site)
- Treasury Regulation 1.42-10 - Utility Allowances (PDF)
- 26 CFR Part 1 - Section 42 Utility Allowance Regulation Update (PDF)
- Title 10, Chapter 10, §10.614 Utility Allowances (Secretary of State website)
- Frequently Asked Questions
Forms (Updated 1/9/2015)
- Utility Allowance Questionnaire (DOC)
Must be completed for both requesting to switch utility allowance methodologies and for the annual utility allowance review.
- Notice to Residents of Annual Review of Utility Allowances (Template) (DOC)
Must be completed and posted for the annual review of the following methodologies: Written Estimate, HUD Utility Schedule Model, Actual Use, and Energy Consumption.
- Notice to Residents of Intention to Revise Utility Allowances (Template) (DOC)
Must be completed and posted when requesting to switch methodologies to Written Estimate, HUD Utility Schedule Model, Actual Use, or Energy Consumption.
Please submit all requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on utility allowances for multifamily projects funded by the Department contact:
Billy Bryant, Compliance Monitor
Phone: (512) 475-3821
All queries regarding energy assistance and weatherization please refer to the Community Affairs page.