Section 811 PRA Announcements
Select property waitlists have been re-opened in Harris County and Tarrant County as of May 1, 2022. Bastrop, Bexar, Collin, Comal, Dallas, El Paso, Fort Bend, Hays, Kaufman, Nueces, Travis, and Williamson remain CLOSED indefinitely at this time. When wait lists re-open, notice will be posted on this webpage and active Section 811 PRA referral agents will be notified via email. New applications received for Section 811 PRA properties in CLOSED counties will be rejected.
The 10 TAC Chapter 8, Project Rental Assistance Program Rules have been updated effective April 3, 2022.
The following items are noted in the updated Section 811 PRA Rules:
- List of Qualified Existing Developments was removed as the proposed list of qualified existing developments have been finalized.
- The definition of Extreme Low Income was enhanced to align with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) definition of Extreme Low Income.
- Occupancy Requirements includes Housing Notice H 2013-24, Section 811 Project Rental Assistance (PRA) Occupancy Interim Notice.
- Upon the execution of a Rental Assistance Contract (RAC), EIV Policies and Procedures and Community Policies (House Rules) must be submitted to the Section 811 PRA Division for review.
- The definition of Utility Reimbursements was enhanced to ensure the Development disburses the funds no later than the fifth day of each month.
|Barrier Busting Fund|
|Barrier Busting Fund Policy & Procedure (PDF)||Procedure for Referral Agents, Applicants and Properties seeking Barrier Busting Fund payment|
|Request for Barrier Busting Fund Payment (PDF)||Required form for Referral Agents and Applicants to request Barrier Busting Fund Payment after property-level rejection|
|Damage Fund Policy and Procedure and Owner/Agent Certification (PDF)||Procedure for properties seeking a reimbursement for damages and required certification|
|Request for Damage Fund Payment (XLS)||Required form for Referral Agents and Applicants to request Barrier Busting Fund Payment after property-level rejection|
Reasonable Accommodation and Reasonable Modification
Information on how to request a reasonable accommodation for applicants and Referral Agents
Information on how to request a reasonable modification for applicants, tenants, and Referral Agents
Example language for a request for reasonable accommodation to a property’s tenant selection criteria after denial for criminal history
Optional form used for reasonable accommodation/modification requests for applicants, tenants, and Referral Agents
A visual guide on reasonable accommodation and reasonable modification
Questions Regarding the Section 811 Program related to the 9% HTC Application
- Pre-Approval Process and Timing for Existing Properties – Spencer Duran, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Considering 811 in your Development Costs, Pro-formas, and Operating Costs – Tom Cavanagh, email@example.com
- The 'market study' process and timing when the FMR is expected to be less than the HTC rents – Spencer Duran, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application of the Integrated Housing Rule – Spencer Duran, email@example.com
- Davis Bacon – Carmen Roldan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environmental Regulations, for both new and existing properties – Cynthia Zbranak, email@example.com
- Existing Unit Restrictions and LURA questions – Spencer Duran, firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Program Requirements and Other Eliminating Criteria – Spencer Duran, email@example.com