Contract for Deed (CFD) Program
- If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please visit our Help for Texans page.
The Contract for Deed initiative funds units of general local governments, public housing authorities, and nonprofits wishing to assist colonia residents with converting contracts for deed into traditional mortgages. Households served under this initiative must not earn more than 60% of the Area Median Family Income (AMFI) and the home converted must be their primary residence. Contract for Deed involves acquisition or refinance, and may occur with one of the following additional activities:
- Reconstruction or New Construction of site-built housing;
- Replacement of an existing Manufactured Housing Unit (MHU) with a new MHU; and
- Rehabilitation of colonia housing.
- Reservation Summary
- Rules and Regulations
- Technical Assistance
- Funding Request Application Materials
- Administrative Forms