Help for Texans
Texas Emergency Rental Assistance funds
The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) has received $1.3 billion in Emergency Rental Assistance funds from the newly passed Coronavirus Relief Bill. TDHCA’s Texas Rent Relief program is here to help! Funds are available to help Texas renters pay rent and utility bills, including past due rent and utilities.
Texas Rent Relief contact information:
- Learn more and apply online at TexasRentRelief.com
- Call toll-free to learn more and apply by phone at 833-9TX-RENT / 833-989-7368.
- Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find Help in 3 Easy Steps
The following criteria applies to the programs, resources and organizations listed in Help for Texans only. These criteria statements are not applicable to the new funding available at TexasRentRelief.com
- TDHCA assistance and funds go to local provider organizations, NOT individuals directly.
- TDHCA does not accept applications from individuals.
- This page will take you through a process to provide you contact information for those providers for your area.
- Providers listed may be at capacity with their funds, and may not be able to assist all who call them.
- If no provider is available, check with your local city or county about available assistance resources.
- If you have a question about one of our programs or you have an inquiry regarding a TDHCA monitored property, please visit http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/overview.htm or contact us at email@example.com.
Select the type of help you need, enter your city or county, and get a list of organizations that may be able to help you.