The Department's Community Affairs Division, Section 8 Program, currently contracts with units of local governments, community action agencies and public housing authorities to assist with the administration of 1,540 Housing Choice Vouchers. The 2012 projected renewal funding is approximately $5.7 million.
Distribution of Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers
The Department administers vouchers in 22 counties. Pursuant to Phase 1 of the Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing Choice, the State of Texas has utilized maps developed by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development. These maps contain information on the geographic distribution of Section 8 Housing Choice Vouchers, and may be used as a research tool. The maps may be found at ftp://ftp.tdhca.state.tx.us/pub/dr-files/AppendixB/section8_maps/.
To apply for subsidized housing assistance and to find out if you qualify, one of these resources should guide you to the office you need to contact.
- TDHCA directly serves the areas listed in the Local Operators list (PDF).
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development PHA Contact Information:
This Web page will direct you to the office that serves your area, based on your state and your local community.
- For questions or complaints regarding other housing authorities in Texas, please contact one of these HUD Regional Offices:
- Houston HUD Office (713) 718-3199
- Fort Worth HUD Office (817) 978-5700
- San Antonio HUD Office (210) 475-6806