Tax Lien Information
Announcements and Important Information
- Contact Information for Tax Lien Section (PDF)
- New Recording Feature for Central Tax Collectors
- Instructions for running Monthly Title Report (PDF) and related MHD Announcement
- Tax liens with incorrect home identification numbers
- Liens must be filed electronically or manually
- Tips For A Successful Tax Lien Filing Season
- Tax Lien Filing Deadline
- Notice to Tax Entities regarding information used to file liens
- How would you like to receive your Monthly Titling Report electronically?
- First feature of new Database unveiled
- 2009 Database User Interface Letter (PDF)
- Notice to Tax Entities using a law firm for the release of tax liens or for providing statements of no taxes due
- Tax lien releases no longer being returned
- Attorney General's Opinion Number GA-0443 to Request Number RQ-0431-GA (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Tax Liens
The Department is pleased to unveil the first phase of a new database which will be fully implemented in the near future. The new system targets major efficiency improvements by enabling the user to process various transactions online.
The first component to be implemented allows tax collectors to release their own tax liens. Visit the MHD Tax Lien Database page.
Section 32.03 of the Tax Code requires that all tax liens against manufactured homes be recorded with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. For a tax lien to be recorded for the previous tax year, the filing must be received by the department by midnight on June 30. For further details, please review the Tax Lien Filing Instructions provided below.
To check department records for tax liens, you may view home ownership records online or call our office at 1-800-500-7074, ext. 64471. Please be prepared to provide the complete serial number and HUD Label or Texas Seal number of the home.
Attention Taxing Entities: You may record and release tax liens by sending an email with an attached electronic file or by attaching the Department's approved form that has been scanned with the signature block and required information completed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax Lien Forms and Documents
- Omitted Tax Sample Letter (PDF)
- Filing and Releasing Liens as a Central Tax Collector (PDF)
- New Law changes for Tax Officials (PDF)
- Tax Lien Form (PDF fillable)
- Central Tax Collector Form (PDF fillable)
- Access Agreement Form (PDF fillable)
- Designee Access Form (PDF fillable)
- MHD Tax Lien Database User Guide (PDF)
- Statement from Tax Assessor-Collector (PDF fillable)
- Manufactured Housing Tax Lien Layout Example (PDF)
- Tax Lien Filing Instructions (PDF)
- Form S - Taxing Entity Application for Texas Seal (Form S) (PDF fillable)
- Texas Comptroller's Appraisal District Directory (Texas Comptroller site)
The above Web site for the Appraisal District Directory is hosted on the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Web site. Please direct questions or changes to the Technical Assistance Section at 1-800-252-9121, write to P.O. Box 13528, Austin, Texas 78711-3528 or email email@example.com.
For questions regarding Texas sales tax, please contact the Comptroller of Public Accounts by calling 512-463-4000 or online at www.cpa.state.tx.us.