Tax Lien Information
Announcements and Important Information
- 2009 Tax Liens Affected by HB3613 (Second and Final Notice)
- Central Tax Collector (CTC) Tax Lien Flagging Access
- Tax Lien Filing Deadline
- Contact Information for Tax Lien Section (PDF)
- Instructions for running Monthly Title Report (PDF) and related MHD Announcement
- Tips For A Successful Tax Lien Filing Season
- Notice to Tax Entities using a law firm for the release of tax liens or for providing statements of no taxes due
- Attorney General's Opinion Number GA-0443 to Request Number RQ-0431-GA (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Tax Liens
NEW LEGISLATION – HB 3613
Tax liens more than four years delinquent will be deleted if no law suit has been filed
(excluding liens on a payment plan, deferred, or in bankruptcy).
Section 32.03 of the Tax Code requires that all tax liens against manufactured homes be recorded with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs. For a tax lien to be recorded for the previous tax year, the filing must be received by the department by midnight on June 30. For further details, please review the Tax Lien Filing Instructions provided below.
To check department records for tax liens, you may view homeownership records online or call our office at 1-800-500-7074, ext. 64471. Please be prepared to provide the complete serial number and HUD Label or Texas Seal number of the home.
Attention Taxing Entities: You may record and release tax liens by sending an email with an attached electronic file or by attaching the Department's approved form that has been scanned with the signature block and required information completed to email@example.com.
Tax Lien Forms and Documents
- Omitted Tax Sample Letter (PDF)
- New Law changes for Tax Officials (PDF)
- Tax Lien Form (PDF fillable)
- Central Tax Collector Form (PDF fillable)
- Access Agreement Form (PDF fillable)
- Designee Access Form (PDF fillable)
- MHD Tax Lien Database User Guide (PDF)
- Statement from Tax Assessor-Collector (PDF fillable)
- Manufactured Housing Tax Lien Layout Example (PDF)
- Tax Lien Filing Instructions (PDF)
- Form S - Taxing Entity Application for Texas Seal (Form S) (PDF fillable)
For questions regarding Texas sales tax, please contact the Comptroller of Public Accounts by calling 512-463-4000 or online at www.cpa.state.tx.us.