2020 Tax Lien Filing Deadline
June 30th is the deadline for all taxing entities to file their tax liens with the Manufactured Housing Division of the Texas Department of Housing And Community Affairs.
All filings sent regular mail must be postdated no later than June 30 to be accepted. If you choose to email or fax your filings, they must be received by June 30.
Pursuant to Section 1201.207(a-1) of the Occupations Code which states that: (a-1) For the period immediately following June 30 of each year, the department shall, except for applications relating to new manufactured homes and applications accompanied by a tax certificate, cease issuing statements of ownership and location until all tax liens filed with the department before June 30 have been processed and either recorded or rejected. During this period the department will post on its Web site a notice as to when it is anticipated that processing statements of ownership and location will resume and when it is anticipated that such processing will be within the 15-working-day time frame provided by Subsection (a).
- 2020 Tax Lien Filing Deadline
- 2021-001 Industry Bulletin – Inventory of Damaged Homes (PDF)
- 2021-002 Industry Bulletin – Inventory of Damaged Homes (PDF)
- Notice of Installation Enforcement Initiative
- Licensing Education Class Online Registration
- Buying Flood Damaged Manufactured Homes
- Licenses are Required to Sell and Install Manufactured Homes
- Consumer Complaints
- Manufactured Housing Division Information Bulletin (PDF)
- Texas Windstorm Association (TWIA) Flyer (PDF)
- MHD Governing Statute: Government Code, Chapter 2306, Subchapter AA (PDF)
- Report Illegal Activity
- What you need to know before you buy (PDF)
- Statement of Ownership Application Instructions (PDF)
- Flyer: Unlicensed Activity is a Crime (PDF)
- Manufactured Housing Approved Operating Budget (PDF)
- Sign up to receive email updates