Texas Department of Housing & Community Affairs - Building Homes and Strengthening Communities

TDHCA Complaint System

Per 10 Texas Administrative Code §1.2, the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs has a process to address complaints about its properties and programs.  Within 15 business days, the complainant will receive a response from the Department either that the complaint has been resolved or that it will be resolved by a certain date. After that, the complainant will be notified about the complaint at least quarterly until final resolution.

Please note that once a complaint is entered into system, all information entered could be subject to a Public Information Request.

Manufactured Housing complaints: Go to the Manufactured Housing (MH) section to download a complaint form.

Complaints/concerns about a development applying for Housing Tax Credits or Bonds: Submit these complaints or concerns directly to the Multifamily Finance Division at (512) 475-3340; or misael.arroyo@tdhca.state.tx.usPlease note that complaints/concerns or other public comments about developments applying for Housing Tax Credits or Bonds will not receive a response from the Department, but the complaint/concern or other public comments will be noted in the development’s application file.

TDHCA-funded property or program: Submit a written complaint online, by mail to PO Box 13941, Austin, TX 78711-3941 or fax to 512-475-0070.  The complaint system is to be used only for complaints dealing with TDHCA programs and properties. Issues not falling under TDHCA jurisdiction, (e.g. public housing authorities, non-TDHCA funded programs or properties, and homeowner associations) cannot be resolved by TDHCA.

TDHCA-funded properties can be found online by searching our Vacancy Clearinghouse.

Disaster Recovery complaints:  Effective July 1, 2011, the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Disaster Recovery Programs were transferred to the Texas General Land Office (GLO) from the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) and the Texas Department of Rural Affairs (TDRA).  For Disaster Recovery related Complaint processing, please see the GLO’s Complaint web page: