Manufactured Housing Division
Central Tax Collector (CTC) Tax Lien Flagging Access
Section 32.015 of the Tax Code allows a tax to be extinguished and canceled and removed from the title records of a manufactured home if the tax lien has been delinquent for more than four years and there has been no law suit filed to collect the taxes in question within the four year time period.
CTCs currently having access to the database can now begin flagging the 2009 tax liens that have been deferred, placed on a payment plan, have a judgment on file, are under bankruptcy, or have a tax suit filed.
To preserve tax liens INDEPENDENTLY from their office the taxing entity should:
- Log into the MH Tax Lien Database using your CTC number and password.
- Enter the HUD label or serial number;
- Click the green plus sign next to the tax lien desired;
- From the drop down menu, select the reason:
- Deferred for Persons Over 65
- Payment Plan
- Suit Filed (need case number)
If you do not have a CTC number, you can apply for a CTC number by completing the Access Agreement (PDF) and Application for CTC form (PDF) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for issuance of a number and password.
Please contact us with any questions you may have at 512-475-2884 and as always, we look forward to serving you.