Davis Bacon Labor Standards for ARRA DOE Weatherization Assistance Program
TDHCA administers several significant programs under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). One of those programs, the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP), uses funds from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). WAP helps low-income households control their energy costs through education and installation of energy efficiency home improvements. The program goal is to reduce the energy cost burden of low income households through energy efficiency.
The use of ARRA funds in the Weatherization program requires compliance with the Davis Bacon Act and Related Laws (DBRA). Under DBRA employers must pay prevailing wages to trades and laborers who work on houses funded by ARRA. United States Department of Labor publishes the General Wage Determination, which dictates prevailing hourly wages for workers by States and Counties. The General Wage Determination for the state of Texas is S2009TX001, Effective date 12/11/2009.
- A Desk Guide To The Davis-Bacon Act (U.S. Department of Energy site)
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) guidance on revised wage determination issued by Department of Labor (DOL) on December 11, 2009 (PDF) (Remains in effect March 2013.)
- Revised Davis-Bacon Wage Determinations For The Weatherization Assistance Program; DOE Weatherization Program Notice 10-7 Effective Date: December 14, 2009, US Department of Energy Program Guidance page (http://www1.eere.energy.gov/wip/wap.html)
- Contractor Clearance: System for Award Management (SAM site)
- ARRA-WAP Pre-Construction (PDF)
- WH-347: DBRA Certified Payroll Form
- Payroll Deduction Authorization (DOC)
- Payroll Signature Authorization Form (DOC)
- WEA 6.01 - Final Wage Compliance Report (DOC)
- WEA 6.02 - Appointment of Labor Standards Officer (DOC)
- WEA 6.03 - Request for General Wage Decision (DOC)
- WEA 6.11 - Record of Employee Interview (DOC)
- WEA 6.14 - Start of Construction Notice (DOC)
- Statement and Acknowledgment of Labor Clauses Included in Contracts, GSA Form: SF1413 (Forms Library - GSA.gov)
- DOL Request for Authorization of Additional Classification and Rate, DOL SF 1444 Listed on the GSA Forms Library index page.
- Subcontractor Request for authorization of additional worker classification (DOC)
The Program Services Division Davis-Bacon staff provides technical assistance regarding federal and state labor standards requirements. Send an email to a labor standards staff member directly.