Davis-Bacon and Related Acts
Covered HUD-Community Planning & Development (CPD) Programs
- HOME – HOME Investment Partnerships Program (www.hud.gov/cpd)
- NSP – Neighborhood Stabilization Program (www.hudexchange.info/nsp/)
- Section 811 Project Rental Assistance (PRA) follows HOME Program Labor Standards, see Section 811 PRA - Resource Documents, Cooperative Agreement Documents, Exhibit 5 of the Cooperative Agreement – § PRA.213 Davis Bacon Labor Standards (PDF p. 6)
TDHCA Davis-Bacon Compliance Mandates for Subrecipients
These compliance procedures apply to all HUD-funded projects.
- Labor Standards Officer (LSO) – Project owner must appoint an individual responsible for administrative and on-site labor standards compliance.
- Preconstruction Conference – Project LSO, prime contractor and owner or owner representative must participate in TDHCA-sponsored discussion about labor standards
- Notice to Proceed – TDHCA issues this to subrecipient, upon receiving all required documentation, to enforce Davis-Bacon prevailing wage mandates and to authorize rehab or construction work to begin.
- Notice to Proceed – Davis-Bacon Exemption – Authorizes subrecipient to begin rehab or construction work when Davis-Bacon does not apply.
Federal Agency Support
- US Department of Labor (DOL)
- Housing Urban Development (HUD) – Labor Standards Websites
- Davis-Bacon Monitoring Reference Sheet (PDF)
- Davis-Bacon – Labor Standards Guide (PDF)
- Pre-Construction Conference Guide (PDF) (updated January 2015)
The Program Services Division Davis-Bacon staff provides technical assistance regarding federal and state labor standards requirements. Send an email to a labor standards staff member directly.