Program Specialist in Manufactured Housing Division
Job Posting Number:
Established Work Hours:
Number of Openings:
**REPOSTED JOB POSTING: Candidates who have previously applied for job posting #13-010 remain in the candidate pool and do not need to re-apply**
Performs complex lead responsibilities for the Processing Unit of the Manufactured Housing Division with the responsibility of analyzing, previewing, and entering a high volume of specialized applications with a high concentration of real estate transactions, extensive problem solving, or inspection prerequisites. Assist with the coordination of the workload with a focus on meeting the internal 10-day processing time, quality assurance, problem resolution, and providing assistance to team members. Assists in the development and implementation of procedures and with training of staff. Work is performed within established policies, goals and guidelines with moderate latitude for exercising initiative and independent judgment.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Processes specialized applications with a high concentration of real estate transactions, extensive problem solving, or inspection prerequisites.
- Processes applications which are time sensitive or which require priority or special handling for both personal property and real property transactions.
- To ensure consistency consults directly with Processing Supervisor on matters needing clarification or direction.
- May provide training, clarification, and assistance in the application process, complex problems, correction of errors, and correction reviews.
- Assists in the development implementation, and revision of policies and procedures.
- Assists in resolving conflicts of data, correcting records, and/or initiating data maintenance to ensure problems are resolved within 5 days of referral ensuring that completed applications are processed within the required 10 working days.
- Assists with resolving issues with difficult applications and/or customers, ensuring problems are always resolved in a timely and professional manner.
- Keeps management informed of on-going activities, and critical matters affecting the operations and well being of the section and refers all personnel and/or disciplinary issues to the Processing Supervisor and/or Manager.
- May assist with data entry of tax liens and/or processing of SOL related documents.
- May assist with activities in the Customer Service Unit.
- Promotes positive team work with an emphasis on productivity.
- Interacts with staff, industry and the public in a positive professional manner.
- Observes established policies and procedures at all times.
- Consistently represents self, the Division and the Department in a professional manner, in such a way to instill public confidence and trust. May assist with coordinating and/or conducting the interview process of prospective employees.
- Assist with processing priority applications referred by unit Supervisor, Manager or executive staff.
- May assist with coordinating and/or conducting the interview process of prospective employees.
- May assist or back up other staff members as assigned.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the Department’s Enterprise Risk Management Program in the Manufactured Housing division, including performing risk assessments of the division’s high impact processes and developing and recommending controls to migrate unacceptable risks.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in a field related to program area is generally preferred.
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Prefer one year of experience in real estate loan and/or closing documents and procedures, and one year of working experience in a leadership or supervisory role is required.
- Bilingual preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of laws regulating the titling of personal or real property.
- Ability to lead, train, and coordinate daily team activities with an emphasis on efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to meet established goals.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently and effectively.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze facts; to devise solutions to problems.
- Ability to handle confidential maters and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effective orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform data maintenance.
- Ability to consistently provide excellent customer service to the public, customers, and staff.
- Proficient knowledge and skill in the use of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Ability to promote positive work environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to attend work regularly.