Housing and Services Partnership (HSP) Academy
The Housing and Services Partnership Academies intend to provide local communities the tools and education necessary to create safe, affordable, accessible housing for people with disabilities in their communities.
Limited Slots Still Available! The application has been released again to fill those slots. Applications are due April 19th.
- Application to Participate (PDF)
- Slide Presentation on the HSP Academy (PDF)
- Questions and Answers from Webinar on Housing and Services Partnership Academies (PDF)
Create a Community-Based Team and Develop Strategies for Affordable Housing for Persons with Disabilities.
Community teams of up to five members will be chosen to participate in one of two Housing and Services Partnership Academies in May or June 2013. Communities are encouraged to create a team that focuses on the needs of Medicaid eligible persons with disabilities. The State of Texas, in a recent application to HUD for Section 811 funds, prioritized three Medicaid eligible populations, including persons exiting institutions, persons with serious mental illness, and youth with disabilities exiting foster care. We encourage teams to consider one of these populations or an identified need in their community. Additionally, team members will be asked to participate in two pre-Academy webinars in April 2013. Travel costs will be reimbursed for a person with a disability or family member participating in the Academy. Additionally, travel stipends may become available for all participants
Selected teams will participate in:
- Two pre-academy webinars, scheduled for April or May 2013
- A day and a half intensive workshop scheduled for May or June 2013 in Austin or an alternative location selected based on applications received
- Development of Community Strategic Action Plan and Goals
- Learn about Section 811 Project Rental Assistance Demonstration Funds
Participating community teams will receive:
- A Federal and State Housing and Services Resource Guide
- A Localized Housing and Services Resource Guide outlining existing affordable housing inventory and local available service and housing resources to assist in the preparation of a step-by-step action plan
- Follow-up webinars; and
- Strategies to build partnerships between housing and services, creating an infrastructure to build capacity and coordination